The Inventory system in Modest3D is composed of a few different nodes, UI elements, and tabs:
The Inventory system requires a few steps to function:
1. Add an Inventory Grid to your lesson via any Setup Node.
2. Create an Inventory Item in the same Setup Node.
3. Click on the inventory item you just created in the setup window. The inventory item properties can be seen in the properties tab.
4. Drag the model from the Scene Hierarchy into the Scene Reference slot.
5. Drag the image asset that will represent your model in the inventory grid from the assets pane into the Icon Asset slot.
6. The inventory item will now be populated into your global inventory item tab. By default it will be labeled "inventory item" to change the name type it in the Label property of the inventory item.
7. Create an Inventory Grid Item by dragging an Inventory Item from the inventory items tab to an Inventory Grid in the editor window (Note: Toggle UI must be enabled to see the inventory grid and setup node must be simulated). The inventory grid item will show up in the player inventory.
3D objects can then be dragged to the Inventory Grid using Drag To Inventory or Move To Inventory nodes, and Inventory Grid Items can be dragged back into the scene using Drag To Scene or Move To Scene nodes.
Please refer to the documentation for these nodes for further clarification on these processes.